With Xperia Link, you can get your tablet or computer to connect to the Internet by using the tethering function of your Xperia™ phone. From your tablet or computer, you can remotely turn on and off the tethering function of your phone. When out and about, by tossing your phone in a pocket or bag, you can still connect to the Internet even when a Wi-Fi is unavailable.
Currently only on Xperia™ Tablet Z, you can receive call notifications and view phone’s text messages. You will not miss a phone call or SMS while you are tethering with your phone in your pocket or bag. You can also reply to text messages that you received on your phone directly from the bigger screen of your tablet.
(Supported phones: Xperia™ with Android 4.0 or later)
Your phone and tablet/computer must have Xperia Link installed and set up before use. Note that Bluetooth must always be on during use.
Supported phones: Xperia™ with Android 2.3 or later
- Download and install Xperia Link from this page.
- Your phone and data plan must support the use of tethering
- You may incur additional charges for tethering depending on your data plan.
- Your phone must have a camera with auto focus to set up Xperia Link unless you pair it with Xperia™ Tablet Z.
Supported tablets: Tablets manufactured by Sony
- For Xperia™ Tablet Z, download and install Xperia Link from this page.
- For Xperia™ Tablet S, Xperia Link that supports only tethering is preinstalled.
- For Sony Tablet™, excluding tablets exclusively sold at operators, Xperia Link that supports only tethering will be automatically installed with system update. Availability of system update depends on your country and region.
Supported computers: VAIO PCs installed with Windows 8 or later
- For VAIO PCs installed with Windows 8, Xperia Link that supports only tethering is pre-installed.